Sophie Whittingham – Head Coach
I have over four years of competitive triathlete experience and have represented Great Britain at the European and World Age Group Championships. My race distances of choice are the sprint and standard distance, although I have recently taken part in half Ironman and middle distance events.
Due to my extensive experience in some of the UK’s biggest triathlons, racing abroad and through competing at countless local events – I’m fully equipped to coach athletes. No matter their target, I’m able to help athletes of all abilities and experience realise their true potential and achieve their goal.
In my role as a fully qualified triathlon coach with over two years of professional coaching experience, my clients have witnessed significant improvements across all disciplines in the triathlon. This includes an individual who struggled to swim a length before coming to see me. Since then they have competed in their first sprint and standard distance triathlon!
Past clients have observed faster PBs under my bespoke training programmes and technical advice. I also have demonstrable success in coaching athletes who wanted a challenge by trying a new distance ranging from sprints to Ironman events.
My coaching programmes provide clients with an abundance of skills including: swim, bike and run techniques; pacing for races and instructions of how to train effectively without overdoing it.
With my combined triathlon experience and sports therapy background, I understand the importance of a structured training programme.
My coaching pushes athletes to achieve their potential while recognising their physical limits so that they can prevent and manage the injuries and physical stresses that athletes can suffer.
- BSc Sports and Exercise Therapist
- Level 2 Triathlon Coaching
- Running Mechanics and Gait Analysis
- Level 1 Swim Teacher
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor – gym-based exercise
- First aid at work
- Age Group European Triathlon Championships 2016 – Lisbon (Standard Distance Tri)
- Age Group World Championships 2017 – Rotterdam (Sprint Distance Tri)
- Competed at Regional Level Swimming for over ten years
- Competed in Ironman 70,3 Dun Laoghaire 2018
Anna Iley – Run and Triathlon Coach
I have always been a competitive sports person for as long as I can remember. After taking a break when having a family I returned to running and took up triathlon in 2013. The juggling of work, children and training has always been challenging. However, a few tweaks here and there enabled me to continue training and progress in both sports to a level I never thought I could achieve.
Now, as a fully qualified run and triathlon coach, I totally understand the challenges that life brings that can limit training time and so I can help others to train smart and effectively, whether that be for their first 5k or a full Ironman. Also having spent many years a Paramedic not only physical but mental health is a high priority to me.
Every challenge is individual and so is every athlete.
- BA (Hons) Physical Education & Social Science
- HCPC Registered Paramedic
- Level 2 Triathlon Coach
- Coach in Running Fitness
- Age Group European Championships qualifier sprint triathlon 2019 (Kazan, Russia)
- Good For Age place London Marathon 2019
- Represented England in Home Nations marathon 2017 (Chester)
- Successfully bringing up 2 children!!
Laura Weightman – Running Coach
As a professional endurance runner who specialises in the 1500m; I am a two-time Olympic 1500m finalist and a two-time European and Commonwealth Games medallist.
I regularly travel the world for racing and represent Great Britain at major championships in the 1500m. I also have experience racing over longer distances and recently won a bronze medal in the 5000m at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Having a degree in Sports Science further qualifies me with a strong knowledge and understanding across all areas of training methods and sports physiology.
Along with my experience as a professional endurance runner, I am a qualified athletics coach and have been successful in training a range of clients from elite athletes to complete novices.
- BSc Sports and Exercise Science
- Four x British 1500m Champion
- Sixth London 1500m World Championships 2017
- Two x Olympic 1500m Finalist London 2012 and Rio 2016
- Two x European 1500m Bronze Medallist 2014 and 2018
- Commonwealth Games 1500m Silver Medallist 2014
- Commonwealth Games 5000m Bronze Medallist 2018
- 800m: 2:01.87
- 1500m: 4:00.17
- 1 Mile: 4:20.49
- 5000km: 15:08.24
- 5km: 15:25
- 10km: 32:31
Emma Gage – Strength and Conditioning Coach
I am a full-time CrossFit and Swimming Coach and I have coached squads ranging from junior club level up to national level, as well as coaching international athletes in strength and conditioning – including Holly Hibbot, who, under my strength and conditioning programme went on to win 2 medals at the Commonwealth Games in 2018.
In 2014, I began to combine swimming and CrossFit training together and I wholeheartedly believe that with a good strength and conditioning programme it will improve your performance in your sport!
- Swim Coaching Level 1 and 2
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Weightifting Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certificate
- Three x gold, two x silver and two x world records at the 2015 World Masters Swimming Championships
- Two x finalist at the 2016 Rio Olympic Trials
- 13 x national swimming medallist
- Competing in CrossFit since 2012
Emma Keeton – Nutritionist
Being a registered Dietitian, I have built a wealth of experience in the sporting industry both personally as a competitor and professional through working with clients.
Due to my background as a national level competitive swimmer; I completely understand the impact nutrition and diet has on athletes achieving their goals.
After graduating with a first class degree in Sports and Exercise Science, I went on to complete a postgraduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics. I now work as part of the NHS workforce in my role as a Specialist Dietitian and specialise in areas such as allergy, gastroenterology and diabetes.
Having worked with a range of sports from swimming to volleyball across varying ages, group sizes and abilities including age group beginner and senior international representatives – I have broad nutritional experience.
- BSc Sports and Exercise Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian
- Member of Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Member of British Dietetic Association (BDA)